Disability Sports Workshop for Physiotherapists and Rehabilitation Physicians
Sat 4 June 9 am – 4 pm at Sports House, Level 2, Quad 1, 8 Parkview Drive Sydney Olympic Park
This workshop is targeted at Paediatric Physiotherapists, but is open to any Physiotherapist or Rehabilitation Physician who works with children or adults with a physical disability. Places are limited.
At the conclusion of the Workshop, participations will:
- Be able to help their patients and clients to identify what sports they may be suited to based on their clinical presentation and other factors and
- Be able to help direct their patients and clients to find information about how to get involved in sport that is suited to them
- Have a broad understanding of a range of Paralympic and Non-Paralympic Sports
- Have a broad understanding of classification in disability sport
- Be able to perform the basic screening impairment tests required for remote provisional classification
Nil for this initial workshop. Lunch & afternoon tea will be provided. Course is funded through a Grants 4 Grassroots Grant.
Jenni Cole, CEO Disability Sports Australia T: 8736 1220, E: firstname.lastname@example.org